Three Moments to Prevent Foodborne Disease
· It is in your hands to avoid Foodborne Diseases and always remember to buy or consume food at establishments with Color Coded Favorable Health Concept.
On occasion of Holy Week, the Secretariat of Healththrough the Environmental Health Unit is informing the community in general that to avoid Foodborne Diseaseswhen consuming fish, you must take into account 3 Moments.
- WHEN YOU PURCHASE:
· At trusted establishments.
· Must be refrigerated or frozen.
· Verify: bright clear eyes and dark colored pupil; elastic and shiny meat, but firm; red gills; bright scales and difficult to remove.
- WHEN YOU PRESERVE:
· Separate raw foods from cooked ones.
· Maintain refrigeration temperatures (0 to -4 ° C) or freezing (-5 to -18 ° C).
· Keep for the recommended times.
- WHEN YOU COOK:
· Wash your hands.
· Use drinking water and safe ingredients.
· Ensures cooking at temperatures above 70 ° C.
BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU EAT! It is in your hands to avoid Foodborne Diseases and always remember to buy or consume food at establishments with"Color Coded Favorable Health Concept."