The Departmental Government with the objective of safeguarding the lives of all road users in the insular territory, especially motorcyclists, through the Secretariat of Mobility is issued Decree 0309 of June 12, 2019, "by which measures are adopted for traffic control."
Art. 1: Restrict the circulation of motorcycles, motorbikes, and ATVs through the Departmental Archipelago in the following schedule:
· From June 14, 2019 to July 8, 2019.
Paragraph 1: The restriction starts from 1:00 a.m. until 6:00 a.m.
Paragraph 2:Official vehicles are excluded from the previous measure.
Paragraph 3º:The Mobility Secretariat is authorized to issue special permits for people who work or carryout functions at the following establishments:
· Commerce, drugstores, tourism sectors, restaurants and related
· Cultural Activities
· Private Security Companies
· Public Service Providers
· Companies Providing Health Services
Paragraph 4:To issue the special permit, you must present the following documents:
· Letter from employer certifying that the person works during the days and hours of this restriction.
· Current documentation of the authorized citizen and the vehicle: Motorcycle License, SOAT, Technical Mechanical Revision, Transit License or Circulation Authorization. Vehicle with all its devices, especially the luminous ones.
All the above measures are taken according to the statistics from the National Road Safety Agency, which registers for the years 2016 and 2017, 16 and 15 cases of deaths and 103 and 49 injured cases, with motorcycle having the highest percentage of incidence.